Friday, May 04, 2007

Why do people care about Doan?

I know he may have made a bad comment 2 years ago, and I'm a bit late in commenting on it now, but does anyone really care about this? Parliament has tons of stupid things that they investigate and do, and the waste plenty of time on it all the time. Just like the bigfoot petition, there's plenty of wasted goings-on that we just have to deal with. You know it's a slow news week when these type of stories make news for more than 5 minutes.

So what do we have to talk about? Oh, just a few stories about Afghanistan, and some polls that are showing the Liberals bouncing back. The Afghanistan story is an interesting one, since the government still doesn't quite know its own story on what is going on. Sometime, I'd love to see a government just admit that they were wrong, or didn't know all the details. I think it would be great for us if we had that sort of honesty from our officials, but I know that's probably a pipe dream.

And about these polls showing some stuff, I maintain my dislike for this excessive polling. Sure, we're up this week, but I'll bet that next week the Conservatives will pull back to being 3-4 points ahead, and everyone will be claiming it's all because people love their policy on bigfoot or whatever else, even when the actual numbers really haven't changed.

So what have I really said here? Nothing really, but it sure does seem we're getting into our summer lull. Barring something crazy like the Conservatives bringing their environmental plan to a vote, it's looking like we're in for about 4 months of nothingness before we start talking heavy about the Ontario election in the fall.

No comments: