Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Get out and vote!

Speaking as a student, I know it's tough to get students out to vote. I always encourage everyone to get out to vote, since for me, democracy is speaking your mind. I would rather lose an election that everyone was informed about and voted on than win because nobody took the time to think about the issues. And with that, I would encourage everyone to get out there and cast your ballots tomorrow, both for the referendum question and for the general election. Both may appear to be fairly solid how they will end up, but everyone should still get out and cast their votes. I'll be voting tomorrow, and I hope everyone else eligible to will as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, get out there and vote. But first educate yourself. The Liberal record is horrible, with a history of corruption and broken promises.

Its irresponsible to vote for a party that I don’t even have enough time to list of its broken promises. But for starters, remember they said they wouldn’t raise taxes (they even signed a contract saying they wouldn’t), and then guess what, they did.

Borges said...

Students have the most to gain from voting, as we are the inheritents of whatever world is constructed by these politicians.