Friday, November 17, 2006

"I'm not a person, I'm a website!"

Warren Kinsella came to the University of Waterloo today to give a speech about "Arts in the Media", and more specifically, about blogging. It was very nice to hear what he had to think about blogs, how they're popular, and why they actually matter. Hard to say how many people in the room were familiar with blogs, but hopefully this will encourage them to start checking them out. I know it took be a bit to get into reading them at the start, but now I can barely wake up in the morning without seeing what's new with Liblogs.

Afterwards, there was a nice reception where I unfortunately drew the wrong card, and so did not win a copy of Fury's Hour. But it was still nice to hang around with others, and find out there were other bloggers in Waterloo. I've also been invited to an Iggy fundraiser brunch on Sunday morning. Should be interesting. Chatting with some others, we decided the over/under on contradictions was 2.5 within the event, and 6.5 if you count contradictions with previous statements. If I remember, I'll try to keep track and see how close an estimate this was.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

I wondered who's be the first to blog and the blogger :)

Gotta go blog now...

bloggity bloggity

Concerned Albertan said...

You should totally pull a 'as a quebecer' question at the brunch.

Unknown said...

You're lucky you didn't win the book.

Unknown said...

"Mr. Ignatieff, as a Quebecer, I'm curious how you feel about Mr. Harper's decision to allow Quebec a representative at UNESCO"