Friday, December 15, 2006

Inconveniant greenhouse gases

In honour of Harper's declaration about the "so-called greenhouse gases", I decided to watch "An Inconveniant Truth", the Al Gore movie, tonight. I must say, a great film. I mean, everyone [except a few so-called right wingers] knows about Global Warming, but to see the numbers, the figures, the demos there, it really makes you think.

I would have liked a few more ideas how we can actually reduce our emissions, not just the 5 minute wrap-job at the end. However, still a movie that should be a must-watch for anyone even partly interested in the environment (especially anyone who calls themselves a "Minister of the Environment").

3 comments:

Concerned Albertan said...

How about Al Gore '08 as a solution?

MR said...

Great post, thanks. Not sure if you've seen this brief recent CNN piece on Gore, but I think it's quite well done. Here's a link to the youtube video www.minor-ripper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

There was a CNN Special run last weekend that was also excellent - called "You Were Warned" - if they play it again I suggest you watch it. It includes the Alberta tar sand, Ft. McMurray, etc.

I dare Albertans to watch it!