Sunday, April 29, 2007

Provincial Matters

Well, I came back today to KW and got to attend the KW Provincial Nomination Meeting. It happened to be the first contested provincial nomination meeting, and this one was to elect the person to hopefully replace Elizabeth Witmer in the upcoming provincial election (yeah, I know, it feels weird to be talking about provincial politics, especially with a somewhat larger nomination meeting held today), but it never hurts to start thinking ahead to the election which will probably still be before the Federal one.

So anyways, unfortunately my choice for candidate, Jeff Henry, didn't quite win, but he did put up an excellent battle. I have a feeling lots of people in the room got their first impressions of him today, and I think they were truly impressed. So now our candidate in KW for the next election will be Louise Ervin, who I know we are all now hoping will be able to knock of 'Liz, and help make the Kitchener-Waterloo area a much stronger Liberal area in the next McGuinty government.

No comments: