Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Now for something more political

Well, since I got into this mostly to talk about politics, and now that I've gotten my scientific viewpoint out of the way, let's talk about leadership a bit.

Maurizio quitting: Sad to see him leave the race. I hoped he would stay in until the end, but I guess he's gotten him name out there a bit. Also a bit sad to see him not really garner much real support (he was usually one of the guys nobody could name when talking candidates). Hopefully his name is out there enough now, and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Orchard joining Dion: A big pickup for Dion. While many people aren't too fond of Orchard, he does bring fairly substantial support, especially in Saskatchewan.

General gabbery: It's going to be exciting the last little bit until the DSM's in September. Everyone's going to be going crazy in September, especially the youth just starting back in classes. Not only do we have to get ready for the voting goodness, we've got to try to convince the leadership camps for one last visit to campus, we've got to make sure everyone knows what to do on the big day, and we've also got to do normal club stuff (like, you know, recruiting the frosh). I for one can't wait!

No comments: