Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Poilievre, terror, and milk

A few quick stories"

Liberals ask Poilievre to apologize for stupid comment. Pierre again showing why he is a model parliamentarian.

Next, we've got the big vote tonight. Even if there's a CTV poll where 65% are in favour of extending it, I would tend to think we need to refine them a bit more before supporting them. Unfortunately we haven't had that chance as a parliament to actually talk, and I highly doubt that our current parliament could actually reasonably discuss anything, but we should sit down and figure out this stuff in more detail.

Finally, seems some new research shows that people were almost all lactose intolerant 8000 years ago, and that basically only with the advent of dairy farming did some Europeans actually manage to digest it. Why do I mention this? I dunno, was an interesting story about how us milk-drinkers are the real genetic mutants.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I am a Liberal, but I've got to admit what M. Poilievre said wasn't out of line. We've done it before. And he said he doesn't comment on individuals. He obviously believes Mr. Bains is an extremist, but felt it would be inappropriate to say as such. Frankly, I think he dealt with it in the best way possible.

Monkey Loves to Fight said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the poll. It is complicated bill with many clauses and I suspect just depending on the wording of the question, you could get very different numbers.

I also agree that while what Poilievre said was over the top, since the Liberals have done it, we cannot really complain. If we didn't do it or stop doing it we would have every right to complain.

Now Harper's comment about Bains was worse than anything I ever recall us doing.