Friday, September 22, 2006

Debate last weekend

I haven't had very reliable internet access and time this week, so I haven't had a chance to post my recap of last week's debate, but basically:

Dion has dropped a bit in my mind. He did very well the opening round, but didn't look good after that.

Bob stole the highlights from Dion in the opening round, and made me think the debate would be interesting overall. After the first get-go, nothing good until the closing statements.

Iggy looked weak, and I think a few people may be questioning their unconditional support for him. He won't lose a lot of supoprt, but it may hamper people coming to him a bit.

Fry made a good closing statement, but it won't do any good.

Kennedy had an awesome closing statement, and I though really enforced his vision. We don't just need someone to lead us, we need someone with a real vision and ideaology to lead us. He may not be the best debater out there, but he really has great ideas and great passion, something we need as a party.

2 comments:

Ted Betts said...

I agree he did well in that closing, one of the highlights of his campaign, I'd say.

Anonymous said...

You are for Kennedy and therefore think he was the best. I thought he was uneventful to say the least.